Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Love "Pioneering Mode"

Last night the entire family came to the “Blacketor Compound” for some of Jo’s famous fried rice with chicken. I had gotten home before everyone started to arrive and took the chance to work on the soffit on the front porch. (Sidebar: I started renovating our 100 year old farm house 3 years ago and it is finally starting to look like the end is in site – at least for phase 1!).

Josh, our son-in-law asked a very profound question. “What are you going to do when you don’t have this house to work on?” Quite frankly, I can’t imagine not having something to work on. I love the start up. I love the dreaming of what might be. I love making something new from something not so new. I get very uneasy when things become too domesticated – I’m much more comfortable being in the pioneering mode.

This is why I am so excited about the launch of our first multisite in Elkhart this fall. GCC is returning to its pioneering beginnings – church in the holy cinema as we were tagged in the early days. Some people used it to express their skepticism we wore it as a badge of honor. Tonight, Jeff Bell meets with the start up team. It’s exciting to watch – it’s exciting to be a small part of it.

No comments: